Search Engine Optimization – Why is it so important?
Search engine optimization is important for this reason: 68% of consumers with internet access will research which product and service are best for them prior to spending a dime!
That means that your organization must be on the web…
That means that your organization must be searchable…
Visibility = Credibility = Profitability
This is one of the oldest equations in business. Location, location, location has a whole new meaning in today’s digital world. Just because you have the store right off of the main drag doesn’t mean that the guy 2 blocks down the street and around the bend isn’t going to attract more traffic than you.
More than ever consumers, donors, and participants are searching on their cell phone or Ipad for the next destination or event.
So how do you get found?
You need a presence on the web first. One that you manage and have as much control over as possible. A website is ideal for this.
What good is this website if the search engines don’t even know you are there? The next step is performing some task that tell the search engines about your website. This allows the search engines to then serve up your website in applicable search results. This is the basics of search engine optimization. The result is more hits on your website.
But how do you get found?
1. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- This system is built to beat the Search Engines
- This system is extremely expensive
- This system requires a very high level of technical expertise to be effectively implemented
2. SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- This system is built by the Search Engines (this is how they make their money)
- This system requires an investment of time and $$$Money$$$
- This system requires continual monitoring
3. SMO (Social Media Optimization)
- This system is the model that the Search Engines are built for
- This system requires a much smaller financial investment than the other two
- This system requires the least amount of technical skill
Each one of these methods has a place and can be valuable. Your organization will need to take a look at it’s goals and decide which path or combination will help you achieve those goals. We can sit down with you and help you determine what fits your needs.